Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools


You are here: Home / The TSC Fiasco

The TSC Fiasco

by Hawke published Aug 26, 2016 12:45 AM, last modified Aug 26, 2016 11:45 AM
In 2000, I turned down IBM & Pacific Bell to accept a position as Senior Principal (Junior VP) for a publicly traded company known as "Technology Solutions Company" (TSC), but due to a single HR person with a warped view of things, it was very short lived. This posting sums up my perspective on the events around what I call "The TSC Fiasco"...

During the summer of 2000, I was working at Franklin Covey as the Corporate Systems & Components Architect overseeing infrastructure for over 4,500 users in over 50 countries.

I was making about $109k+ (plus bonuses and benefits) Salary.

I had three finalized offers on the table from:

  • IBM Global Services - Broadvision Instructor (I would train the trainers, travelling worldwide) - $96k+ Salary plus benefits & bonuses, 100% travel, but no move required.
  • Pacific Bell - Director of Security for Broadband Division - $100k Contract. Required moving to Walnut Creek, CA, then no travel.
  • TSC - Senior Principal - $150k salary plus $10k sign-on, plus benefits and bonuses. 20% travel to HQs in Chicago, San Francisco, Atlanta, etc., the remaining 80% was work from home.